[haiku] Re: booting with bochs?

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 14:24:01 +0100

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 11:31:04AM -0000, g4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi

You can change the image size in build/jam/UserBuildConfig. Have a look at
build/jam/UserBuildConfig.ReadMe and in particular the HAIKU_IMAGE_SIZE
variable.

Yes. I have seen that, thanks. Here is the mystery part from the .readme:

# anyboot - A custom image (type "anyboot-image"), its size will be 4 MB
larger
# than the value of HAIKU_IMAGE_SIZE, named haiku-anyboot.image.

Why? And what does this section contain? It creates an image whose size does
not match the expected C/H/S values.

I think I will have to build images from an ISO myself to solve this. Thanks
for listening.

The anyboot image is bootable both as an ISO9660 CD "el torrito" and an
hard disk image (MBR and partition table). The first 4 MB are used for
the ISO9660 filesystem containing the boot image for CD boot.

If you don't need this, you can use the raw image instead. This is just
a filesystem image with a boot sector and should work without problems
(unless you try to use it as a CD image - in that case a plain "ISO"
image would be a better choice, maybe).

--
Adrien.