[haiku] booting with bochs?

  • From: <g4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 15:33:33 +0100

Hello.

I've successfully built various images on Linux (Mint) with the gcc4 tools.
I'm now trying to boot the image in Bochs. The instructions here
(https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/virtualizing/bochs) almost work but Bochs
complains about the disk geometry being incorrect. 2 questions arising if I
may:

1. The haiku-minimum image is 314,572,800 bytes. The closest matching values
of 16heads, 63 sectors, 512 byte sector size implies that the number of
cylinders is 609 which results in an expected size of 314,302,464 byte. Does
anyone know what the geometry settings should be?

2. Irrespective of the above does anyone know which part of the jam scripts
generates the image? Presumably it can be tweaked to create something a bit
more digestible for Bochs?

If there is a better list on which to ask please let me know.

Many thanks

Jerry.