[haiku] Re: booting with bochs?

  • From: waddlesplash <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 11:09:27 -0400

On Oct 25, 2015 3:46 AM, "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 03:06:33PM +1300, Richie Nyhus-Smith wrote:
Most of the other guides for the more modern VMs have been deleted from
drupal for some reason, with only 3 guides remaining.

https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/virtualizing

Also try following the "Building Haiku" link on the side menu, it goes
to a
deleted page.

It's not the first time some pages disapear from the website (happened
to parts of guide/building at least twice in the past year I think). We
restored these from the web archive, but could never find an explanation
for the pages disappearing in the first place.

The pages are not gone, merely unpublished. I discussed this on IRC with a
few others (I thought you were one of them?), and we decided that some of
the guides were very out of date (e.g. the Parallels one was for a version
of Parallels long since discontinued) or were for software nobody on the
development team uses (e.g. AMD SimNow). I offered at the time to reinstate
those guides if there was someone who would update them and help users who
were having trouble following them, but nobody has taken me up on that yet.

-waddlesplash