[haiku] Re: WiFi woes

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 09:32:43 +0200

2013/8/18 Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
> I'm wondering how much trouble others are having in getting
> WiFi working.  I'm having a very frustrating time of it.
>
> A year after getting my Haiku laptop, I managed to get the "right"
> card installed (iprowifi4965).  Before buying a wifi router of my own,
> I asked to "borrow" my neighbour's service, and -- with quite a bit
> of fussing -- got to connect with Haiku.

I think it is the iprowifi4965 driver. I've taken a look at it before
but not managed to find out why. We do however disable MSI in that
one, perhaps it is ready to use nowadays.

> Is anybody currently working on networking?  It needs a lot
> of love! (:-/)

I do from time to time, I think korli and other does too. I'm stuck on
UEFI booting atm, but after that it is ACPI and networking.

There was a bug for this kind of problems[1] but please open a new one
specific for your card. Without bugs it won't get any attention as
others may not see the problem.

1) http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/9078

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH