[haiku] Re: WiFi woes

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:06:47 +0200

> Any suggestions as to something I might try?  (Lots of stuff
> shows up in syslog, which I could copy and post if it would
> help.)

I never got SSIDs or passwords with spaces to work. Other special
characters (quotes, ...) may have the same problem. Try to make it as
simple as possible.

My strategy is:
 - Make sure the interface is up
 - Pick your network (once), and wait for the password dialog
 - Enter the password and wait for the configuration to finish (sometimes
it doesn't, so wait until you are bored)
 - Reboot the computer

Settings should be saved and the connexion will be established (and
working) after the reboot. It's not perfectly stable, but it works well
enough.

--
Adrien.