[haiku] Re: The Haiku Network (was: Re: GSoC Web Services Kit OS integration)

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:32:09 +0100 CET

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> keep in mind that all the data generated
> by those sites are mostly financed by ads.
> I'm not sure a community-only network
> would provide accurate/up to date info.

I´m trusting my friends and family a lot more
than I trust e.g. Facebook or Google. Perhaps
not in uptime or never losing data, but I do
expect mutual respect and never selling or
tampering with my data.

The idea I´m trying to push here isn´t about
anonymous p2p, or faceless network resources.
It´s about you and me owning the services we
rely on.

/Jonas.