[openbeos] Re: Quick questions on Filetypes and Tracker

  • From: "Ben Allen" <ben.allen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:36:08 -0500

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a few question for the user documentation. Maybe some of you guys can
> help me there.
>
> 1. What do these flags in the Filetype add-on of an application do:
> "Exclusive Launch" (what's different to "Single Launch"?) and "Args Only"?

If I'm remembering correctly, this is what these flags mean:

Single Launch - One copy of the app can be running per executable file
Exclusive Launch - No more than one copy of the application should run
at any given time
Args Only - Indicates the app does not respond to messages

The main difference between single and exclusive is if you take an
application, make a copy of it with a different name, and run both at
the same time, Single Launch will let both copies run, whereas
Exclusive Launch will prevent the second from running.

-Ben