[openbeos] Re: WebKit port and Chrome

  • From: Dane Scott - DSP/TuneTracker Systems <dane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:43:47 -0500

"> I am the original Haiku WebKit port author and Chrome has certainly
> been intriguing to me. Since I haven't yet started serious work on a"

Chrome does indeed look good. Food for thought: Given the small number of programmers available to work on stuff for Haiku, I wonder if it might be wise to come to a meeting of the minds among those interested in working on a browser, and combine forces to make that *one* browser as good as it can be, whether that's Chrome, Firefox, the one Francois has been working on, or some other. That way progress can be faster, the end result more highly developed, and those who would rather not work on the chosen browser could "focus shift" to some other needy part of the Haiku project that appeals to them.

Dane