[openbeos] Re: Quick questions on Filetypes and Tracker

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:06:27 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:54:38 -0300
> Von: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [openbeos] Re: Quick questions on Filetypes and Tracker

> Humdinger wrote:
>
> > Anyone up for my other question:
> >  Where in the system appears the string in "Description" of the
> > FileTypes Preferences?
>
> It is saved both as an attribute and a resource in the executable file.
> It is not show by default anywhere other then the FileTypes app (I guess
> AboutSystem also shows it for some apps at least).

LaunchBox is also using it for tool tips, but the code is disabled due to
missing tool tips implementation in the interface kit. Unfortunately, the
description fields are used differently for different applications. Some
actually put a description in there, others use it for short and long version
info.

Best regards,
-Stephan