[openbeos] Re: OpenBFS Progress.

  • From: "Gregor Rosenauer" <rosenauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:21:44 CET (+0100)

Bruno wrote:
>When you're working on a project like BeOS you have a tight deadline, so some
 stuff simply can not be done. We can
> expend time doing this stuff and others as we don't have that kind of
 pressure. :)
Which is one of the MAIN benefits of open projects like OBOS!
This is why I have high hopes for this project... and it already shows on
 various areas... maybe someday we will be happy that Palm did not license the
source
 to us, but left us on our own -> new, fresh ideas and clean implementations (I
 hope...:)

> Of course we also don't have a QA lab, so we won't be able to test
> everything that should, but we will do our best anyway.
We should have a QA-team as soon as there is something to test, i.e. ASAP.
It's not enough to collect vague bugreports from all over the globe - we have
 to do some serious and complete testing, too.
Else we could get in deep trouble when OBOS reaches a certain complexity (and
 bug-count)...

Congrats to the BFS-team and also to the other, silently hacking teams - please
 make yourselves heard!

Regards,
Hugh