[openbeos] Re: OpenBFS Progress.

  • From: "Graham Gilmore" <grahamg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:15:47 -0500

>On a (vaguely) related note; could we include the ability to search
non-BFS
>disks in the find panel?
>
>I'm guessing that building indices for other FS disks may not be a good
way
>to go, so even a slow-n-dirty find should do; perhaps even the way
(urk)
>Windows does it (builds a (live) search-results-table the first time
you do
>a search; slow the first time, but then very acceptable)?

<idea mode="GE">
        If the Find panel could incorporate "plug-ins" for other FSes (since
probably the details will vary from FS to FS), then interested third
parties could do something like Linux (and "classic" MacOS, for that
matter) does; run a background daemon that indexes your disk during idle
time.  Then the plugin could just use the index when you want to do a
Find.
</idea>

        Graham