[openbeos] Re: OpenBFS Progress.

  • From: "Graham Gilmore" <grahamg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:03:40 -0500

>>And, we support querying attributes that don't have indices.
>
>Now I have two feature requests:
>* querying files under a certain folder (+ sub folders)
>* searching in the file data
>
>This would make "grep" obsolete.
>
>- Michael

        It would take a lot more than being able to search file data in a Query
to make grep obsolete :-)  One (and there are others) of the best
features of grep is that it can operate with standard-in and
standard-out, letting you pipe input into it and out of it to make
complex tool chains in shell commands.
        Now if you want a GUI version of this, that's a different story (and
one I've been thinking about for a while :) - but hardly the job of the
Query app :-)

        Graham