[openbeos] Re: OpenBFS Progress.

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:25:55 CET (+0100)

> > I guess it would be feasible to implement filters directly into the
> > query engine so only relevant files would be show (i.e. Files in a
> > specific dir). Searching inside the file data looks to be out of
> > the
> > scope of BFS, but it could be implemented in the Tracker find
> > panel.
>
> On a (vaguely) related note; could we include the ability to search
> non-BFS
> disks in the find panel?
>
> I'm guessing that building indices for other FS disks may not be a
> good way
> to go, so even a slow-n-dirty find should do; perhaps even the way
> (urk)
> Windows does it (builds a (live) search-results-table the first time
> you do
> a search; slow the first time, but then very acceptable)?

That kind of functionality should be available through the BQuery class
- and probably will in R2.
Perhaps I will include it/it will be included in OpenTracker earlier,
but I don't know - there are currently some more important things to
do.

BTW as I am currently thinking about it: the query engine of BFS could
easily be ripped out and find a new home in OpenTracker/BQuery - let's
see.

Adios...
   Axel.