[openbeos] Re: Open Letter (New to BeOS)

  • From: Mark Douglas <uk_marky_boy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:59:04 +0000 (GMT)

> I am an experienced C++ programmer.  But I don't know squat about Be
> programming.  So I ordered "Programming the Be Operating System" from Amazon.
> I hope to be contributing soon.

I'm an inexperienced C++ programmer who knows next to squat all about
programming in general (what I do know is self-taught). I'd like to contribute
but (apart from some _limited_ webmonkey skills, if you're after them) can't.
What I would like to know is, is there a guide or something about that explains
how to go about programming the BeOS? Being able to do the basics comes before
reimplementing the API, after all!

I found a couple of guides on the internet  but they were aimed at experienced
programmers, apart from creating a window I couldn't go any further - the BView
class is the stumbling block here...

Cheers (and sorry for the OT nature of this!),

-Mark

=====

http://uk.my.yahoo.com