[openbeos] Re: Open Letter (New to BeOS)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 23:52:14 +0100 CET

"David A. Rogers" <darogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm new to BeOS.  Reeealy new. Like last week.  I'd like to share my
> initial
> impressions of Be and about the OpenBeOS project.

Be welcome :-)

> I am an experienced C++ programmer.  But I don't know squat about Be
> programming.  So I ordered "Programming the Be Operating System" from
> Amazon.
> I hope to be contributing soon.

Very nice! Actually, the BeBook (it can be found in /boot/beos/
documentation [when you've installed the developer tools]) contains
lots of the information you need to recreate the API.
I don't know much about that book, though (I guess the title is a bit
misleading, though (or is the "for" left out intentionally?) ;-))

Adios...
   Axel.