[openbeos] Re: OS Zoo

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:35:54 +0100

Hi Nev,

> As a keen follower of the development of Haiku when do you think a normal
> run of the mill  end user like me might see
> something that we can work with.

Any "when" answer is going to come bundled with tons of "ifs". If we keep
going at this pace, we might have something usable in a year. Maybe two? One
of the big question marks is the networking support. I would assume that some
portions of code which are in a "get it working now - make it nice later"
kind of condition, would need revisiting before release. And we cannot really
tell how many crucial, hard to track down bugs still creep up. But from my
perspective, I would say we are more at the finishing end of the work - after
all, you can start large R5 applications in Haiku. And even run them for
about a minute or so...or maybe two? :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan