[openbeos] Re: News, Views and Overdues

  • From: "Peter Stegemann" <peter.stegemann@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:24:16 0000

Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>Peter Stegemann wrote:
><quote>
>This is one of the MOST important questions: WHY do we want to rewrite BeOS?
><end quote>
>
>My answer

This answer just explains why you want an OpenSource OS. It does
not explain any _technical_ reason why you want to first rewrite
the OS and expand it later instead of the other way round or a
mixture.

>I've mentioned in my prep talk, stop ***whinning*** about how impossilbe
>something is and just do it!!!!!

I really wonder why it's necessary for you to discredit me as a
whiner.

P.S: Has anyone read the AROS-link I've posted?

>If we're delusional and crazy, thats fine.  As someone already pointed out -
>if I need to become a kernel guru, then by thunder, I **will** become a
>kernel guru.  Remember, the crazy ones are the people who change the world -
>the normal ones just blend in.

BeOS has seen a LOT of people beeing crazy about some ideas. But
the people who really _finished_ something are sparse. Walking blindly
into a hip direction sounds exactly what Be Inc. did since 6 years. What
BeOS now needs is a *plan*. Give us a timescale. An effort estimation.
A resource list.