[openbeos] Re: News, Views and Overdues

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:08:26 +1000

bsa wrote:
>I think, we must wait some time - maybe Palm will continue development of
BeOS

We've been waiting since the focus shift.  Its best to assume that BeOS is
dead, and that Palm will not release updates.  If 6 months into the project
Palm decides to suprise us all and release R6 and open source the
components, then we'll religiously praise Palms leadership and forsight and
start beating their drum.  Until that happens, I'll assume the worst and
continue with our projects.  The worst thing that can happen is that we
learn a few things, and thats why I'm here in the first place.

Also, I dont want to re-live the agony when Palm go belly up in 2 years.
The whole point of OpenBeOS is to create an OS which noone can kill,
modelled after BeOS.  If we had only started after the focus shift, who
knows how far we would have been today?

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.