[haiku] Re: New website theme: request for testing/feedback/icons

  • From: Henri Vettenranta <henri.vettenranta@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:46:57 +0300

On Sunday 23 August 2009 22:18:19 Jorge G. Mare wrote:
> Hi Henri,
>
> Henri Vettenranta wrote:
> > The page background gradient is only as wide as the browser window,
> > and fixed to the left edge of the page. The
> > same thing can be seen on both Konqueror 4.2 and Firefox 3.0 on
> > Linux, and on Tablet browser (Gecko 1.9a) on the N800.
>
> I think this should be fixed now. It would be nice if you could test
> again and let me know if the fix addresses the problem that your
> reported.

Yeah, seems fixed now on those three browsers, at least.

I think the title format should be modified somewhat. "OPERATING SYSTEM"
in all capital letters fits nicely next to the Haiku logo, but in the
browser window title it looks stupid in my opinion. Also "Haiku" should
be in the title regardless of the page you are viewing; now it can be
confusing if the browser window gets covered while dealing with other
things, and your taskbar shows a window with a title such as
"Development | OPERATING SYSTEM". You can't really depend on every blog
or forum post to mention Haiku in their subject, either. The current
site seems to say "Haiku Project"; I'm not sure if that, "Haiku OS", or
"Haiku Operating System" would be the best.

I hope my mails don't make the new theme seem worse than it is, it's
just impossible to make it better without pointing out what's wrong with
it. :-)

--
Henri Vettenranta
HeTo