[haiku] Re: New website theme: request for testing/feedback/icons

  • From: Henri Vettenranta <henri.vettenranta@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 23:10:20 +0300

On Saturday 22 August 2009 03:24:36 Jorge G. Mare wrote:

> http://test.haikuzone.net

The new site and especially the front page look good. However on other
pages the contrast between the dark top of the page and the light
content is a bit too stark in my opinion. Maybe you could make the
gradient on the page background much more compact, so that it's already
the lighter colour when the content starts, and a solid block downwards
from there? Front page could keep the current background as it has the
thick, dark block before the rest of the content so the gradient already
has a lighter colour next to the white content block.

On usability side, I find the small grey body text hard to read, at least
on my ThinkPad screen. Trying to read a longer blog post on the new
theme would certainly be annoying and slow. I'd suggest making the body
text black or a much darker grey, at least.

> Feel free to play around the test site, and let me know if you
> experience any rendering problems.

The page background gradient is only as wide as the browser window, and
fixed to the left edge of the page. This means that if you make the
browser window narrow enough and scroll the page right, you'll see a
solid blue (a couple of hours earlier I saw white, did something change
with the style?) at the right edge. This is especially visible at the
top of the page, where you get a clear line which divides the background
to a darker and lighter part. The same thing can be seen on both
Konqueror 4.2 and Firefox 3.0 on Linux, and on Tablet browser (Gecko
1.9a) on the N800.

--
Henri Vettenranta
HeTo