[haiku] Re: New website theme: request for testing/feedback/icons

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:33:15 -0700

Hi Truls,

Truls Becken wrote:
Is the "Home" link at the top of each page really necessary? The Haiku
logo has the same effect. Actually, I had navigated around the page
for a long time before I even noticed that link since I'm used to
clicking the project logo to get to the front page on most sites.
This is just standard breadcrumb-based navigation practice used to provide a
trail of the where you are in the website, and a way to go up as many levels
as you want in the content hierarchy.

Oh, right. I didn't realize that because most of the time it just
shows "Home". This is because the tail stops one level up from the
current page, which is slightly odd.

The title of the node can be added to the breadcrumbs trail; but there is this line if thought that it is redundant to do so, as the title is already there. I am still undecided, but may try it anyway, at least to see how it looks.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki