[openbeos] Icon Contest Rating Categories

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:25:36 +0200

Hello all,

with the deadline for entry submission in sight, I wanted to ask again if
everybody is fine with the rating categories and how they are expressed.

Personally, I could imagine that the "BeOS nostalgica" and "modern looking
desktop" category could be split into two separate categories, and that we
might add another category expressing an "indiviual/distinctive Haiku look"
(a look that is associated with Haiku or at least "a newer version of that
BeOS thing"). For example:

"These icons will help to give Haiku a distinctive look."

or (which I like better)

"These icons will provoke the associatation with Haiku or at least a newer
BeOS."

The last one is biased, since it expresses my personal opinion that by
going with a "close to BeOS" look, we have a greater chance of "standing
out"/recognizability then by chosing /any/ "radically new" look. But I
would be fine with removing the reference to BeOS!

Best regards,
-Stephan