[openbeos] Re: Icon Contest Rating Categories

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:47:39 +0200

Lars Hansson <lars-openbeos-misc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 28 August 2006 20:44, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > Tango, which requires separate icons for
> > 16x16, which sometimes take themselves more diskspace then most of my
> > vector icons.
>
> Bitmap icons designed for 16x16 usually looks better than downscaled
> vector ones though.

The point is that with my vector format, you have a "level of detail"
feature. Essentially, this can be used to have a whole different icons for
16x16. I will also work on improving the other feature: "rounding". When
explored fully, this will work just like with font "hinting". Ie, the icon
shapes are aligned to pixels.

Best regards,
-Stephan