[openbeos] Re: Haiku-compatible badge

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:00:13 -0700

On 5/22/07, ar1000@xxxxxxx <ar1000@xxxxxxx> wrote:
having the hardware is the best way to calibrate your device. I am
concerned about it only because the colors will be used in print as
well as on the web. As far as monitors go, it will be a myriad of
different calibrations, you are right. Color is better on a Mac,
because they are natively calibrated towards a more realistic
representation — but that just with windows defaults, OEM's calibrate
their monitors any way they want, I suspect that a lot of windows
installs have better-than-default settings nowadays. Profiles usually
ship with the device, but nothing beats a hardware calibrator (a must
for anyone in the creative world, print or otherwise).

(as a note, it's more difficult to respond to top-posted threads)

Didn't Jorge put together a color chart for the "official" haiku
colors some time ago?

Shouldn't these same colors be used when making other Haiku-related imagery?

http://haiku-os.org/files/downloads/2007-03-20_haiku-color-palette.png

- Urias