[openbeos] Re: Haiku software site

  • From: "Rob Tijssen" <rob.tijssen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:09:31 +0100

Maybe you'll find them on weberdev.com

Cheerz, Rob

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: openbeos-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openbeos-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Namens Alex
Verzonden: dinsdag 16 januari 2007 18:56
Aan: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: [openbeos] Re: Haiku software site

Yeah, the beos window theme seemed like a good idea... until i finished it
^_^.

I still think i am going to work some beos colors into it, and i would also
like to use haiku icons (as long as this is ok with Axel, err the icon
creator)

Keep the ideas coming, i have searched for premade  "software archive"
scripts and none seem to exist (well, as least on hotscripts.com).  If
anyone knows of premade "software archive" scripts (php hopefully) it would
be GREAT if they let me know.  If not, ill just have to whip something up in
php. (which will make the site take a little longer :P)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:43:14 -0300, "Ivan Vodopiviz" <merkoth@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Good job! It's definitely a great idea, but I agree with Waldemar that
> making it look like BeOS will not only make it more confusing but will
> also
> eat more bandwidth, something you'll _really_ need once R1 is released and
> your site gets more attention.
>
> Again, a great idea, keep it up n_n
>
> Cheers,
>
> On 1/16/07, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 1/16/07, Alex <netster403@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I was planing on utilizing php and mysql.  I've never heard of django
>> but it looks interesting.  Too bad i don't know any python ^_^
>>
>> It's not that difficult (I learned it pretty quickly). Personally, I'd
>> rather use TurboGears with Genshi (cool new template system) and maybe
>> SQLAlchemy (if it gets complex).
>>
>> A suggestion for your site: don't make it look like BeOS. Keep it
>> simple and clean.
>>
>> I think that news should be displayed in a sidebar or at the top of
>> the intro page. The website should fully concentrate on software and
>> make it as easy as possible to find what the user needs.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Waldemar Kornewald
>>

> --
> BlueSteel | | Merkoth

Alexander von Gluck
Linux Systems Administration

--
Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter.
Download de gratis SPAMfighter via deze link: http://www.spamfighter.com/pro