[openbeos] Re: Haiku software site

  • From: "Ivan Vodopiviz" <merkoth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:09:36 -0300

IMHO, a simple zip with a few "drop X here to install it" should be enough
for the time being. If, later, you guys decide to work in a software
installer fine, but unzipping and drag n' dropping isn't rocket science ;-)

On 1/17/07, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 1/17/07, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yeesh. Sometimes I can't even write a complete thought. What a meant
> > was that all that we really have is Zip, and while there are some
> > things package-related in the works for R2, I can't help but wonder
> > if
> > it needs to be sooner than that.
>
> Yes, but since it will take a long time until we may have settled on a
> feature set and the specifics, I would argue it makes a lot of sense to
> just adopt SoftwareValet packages for now, and have something better *
> after* R1.

Didn't we want to have app bundles for R2 (and packages for complex
installs)?

> We should concentrate to finish R1, and don't add more and more
> requirements to it.

100% agreed.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald