[openbeos] Re: Haiku software site

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:16:47 +0100

On 1/17/07, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yeesh. Sometimes I can't even write a complete thought. What a meant
> was that all that we really have is Zip, and while there are some
> things package-related in the works for R2, I can't help but wonder
> if
> it needs to be sooner than that.

Yes, but since it will take a long time until we may have settled on a
feature set and the specifics, I would argue it makes a lot of sense to
just adopt SoftwareValet packages for now, and have something better *
after* R1.

Didn't we want to have app bundles for R2 (and packages for complex installs)?

We should concentrate to finish R1, and don't add more and more
requirements to it.

100% agreed.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald