[openbeos] Re: Haiku software site

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:26:42 +0100

On 1/16/07, Alex <netster403@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was planing on utilizing php and mysql.  I've never heard of django but it
looks interesting.  Too bad i don't know any python ^_^

It's not that difficult (I learned it pretty quickly). Personally, I'd
rather use TurboGears with Genshi (cool new template system) and maybe
SQLAlchemy (if it gets complex).

A suggestion for your site: don't make it look like BeOS. Keep it
simple and clean.

I think that news should be displayed in a sidebar or at the top of
the intro page. The website should fully concentrate on software and
make it as easy as possible to find what the user needs.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald