[haiku] Re: Haiku gcc2hybrid and software for gcc4

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:27:01 +0100

Le Thu, 05 Nov 2009 00:56:14 +0100, David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

2009/11/5 Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>:
This immediately makes an assumption about the target - if you use a
gcc2hybrid, any c++ libs compiled with gcc4 should reside in a gcc4/
subdir under lib if you want the runtime_loader (and gcc4 compiler) to
find them, if you use a gcc4hybrid, c++ libs the opposite is true,
except the gcc2 c++ libs should reside in a lib/gcc2/ subdirectory
instead. I highly doubt any of the .zips obtained from HaikuPorts care
about this yet.

Can I suggest we rethink this approach.  Swapping directories about
depending on how the OS was compiled is very confusing.  I am not at
all surprised users are breaking things.

Users should'nt care about building the OS. There is only one version of Haiku available for them and they should use this one, the way it's done. Still, having some find_directory constats for looking after the libs could help.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx