[haiku] Re: Dedicated Haiku QA (testing) team

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 19:47:49 +0200

Hi Dennis!

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 08:54:00 -0400 Dennis Catt wrote:
> I have been trying to gauge interest in the subject stated above:
> Dedicated Haiku QA (testing) team
>
> Is there anyone here that has opinion (or other) on the subject?

Systematic QA sounds like a good idea, though - not working in the
"business" - I have no idea what that exactly entails.
I bet all devs would appreciate any effort yielding high quality
bugreports in the bugtracker.

Question is: what would you need to start? The devs are very thinly
spread, so they probably can't play an active role besides replying to
questions on the mailing list now and then. The web team also seems to
be occupied with other things. Changes to the website are currently
very difficult to get. See the updated screenshot tour...

If you feel up to it, just start your QA team and keep us posted with
the difficulties you encounter. Of course we'll all try to help where
possible.

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette