[haiku] Re: Dedicated Haiku QA (testing) team

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 23:03:48 +0000

Andrew Hudson wrote:
It's a really good idea. I would go a step further and say that if we had the resources (that's you, Haiku lovers!), we could use many of the apps in Haikuware for testing Haiku.

- Andrew

I did a bunch of application testing during alpha3, the problem with using some older apps is that the functionality of many of these applications is largely unknown or forgotten, so they do not always make a good test bed to uncover bugs and regressions. It would require making sure that there was a BeOS system available to do comparison testing.

Sean