[haiku] Re: Dedicated Haiku QA (testing) team

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 23:18:46 +0200

On 2012-07-04 at 19:47:49 [+0200], Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 08:54:00 -0400 Dennis Catt wrote:
> > I have been trying to gauge interest in the subject stated above:
> > Dedicated Haiku QA (testing) team
> >
> > Is there anyone here that has opinion (or other) on the subject?
>
> Systematic QA sounds like a good idea, though - not working in the
> "business" - I have no idea what that exactly entails.
> I bet all devs would appreciate any effort yielding high quality
> bugreports in the bugtracker.

+1. And not only high quality bug reports. A systematic QA approach would
also help uncovering regressions faster and improve our release process. We
already have a few very dedicated individuals who do a lot of testing and
retesting, but organizing things more and sharing the load would certainly
help a lot.

CU, Ingo