[openbeos] Re: Calculator

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:06:07 +0200

Hi all,

> On 6/5/06, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I see your point, but has anybode ever tried to implement the
> > calculator the way
> > I suggested? I mean, it's not that I say these things because it's fun
> > for me. I
> > "observed" friends with almost no computer experience (and some with
> normal
> > experience) using the WinXP calculator with the mouse at first (clicking
> those
> > digits...) and quickly getting *angry* because that's too ineffective.
> They
> > *always* switched to the keyboard. Those digit buttons cry "click me!",
> but
> > that won't make you happy. :)
> > I think that there is nothing lost if we remove those buttons. The
> interface
> > will look a lot cleaner and the user will quickly grasp that he should
> use the
> > numbers on his keyboard (and be happy ;).
>
> Maybe a hide-able keypad? I never use it, but I like the visual cue of
> the (mostly useless) buttons.

Please no offense, just an observation... I find it funny how after my original
email, a lot of additional emails are written without a single line of
additional insight, until there are so many emails written that it is natural
not to go back to the first mail... resulting in a repeat of what I originally
wrote! :-)

For what it is worth, I have got the impression now that my suggestions where
right and in consens with everybody else here and now I am reassured how to
change the interface for the better... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan