[openbeos] Re: Calculator

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:27:33 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions, but I think I like the single text control better, because I can imagine a lot of cases where you want the expression to transform into the result so that you can use it for typing the next expression. If you think about it, the history thing could actually be quite intuitive, because you're used to it from so many other situations. So the chance is high you just try the up arrow and voilà - there is your previous expression again!

I don't know if you've ever used one, but I love my TI-92+. Maybe we can do something similar? Well, we don't need the pretty-printer, but the extended history is niccccce. http://www.gymnase-morges.ch/docs/SemaineSpeciale/ImagesSemSpec/ti92.gif

Bye,
Waldemar