[openbeos] Re: Booting problems...

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:14:34 +0100

Hi Rudolf,

> Apart from the usual trouble here (drawing faults in certain
> reproducable areas,

Could you send me a screenshot of that in a private mail? Does that only
happen on your SMP machine?

> fonts being to large and such)

You mean random characters? I hope to improve the whole font rendering one
day, though finding that bug in the current implementation would be very
interesting as well.

> there's one new bug
> that wasn't there before: the color palette doesn't get loaded for 8-
> bit colorspaces apparantly (black/white sort of image here).

8 bit isn't natively supported by the drawing back end. Last time I tested
this though, the fall back "on-the-fly" conversion still worked. I will
have a look ASAP.

> Looking good: KB and mouse seem trouble free for the first time, and
> stability is getting better and better! (happy camper :)

Yeah, I'm already anxious to check out the recent improvements.... svn
updating right now... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan