[openbeos] Re: Booting problems...

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 11:32:09 +0100 CET

Hi (Axel)

So MTRR is working correctly over here now.
I could now benchmark it using Charts on my dual P3-500 using fast
motion, default window, Tracker and Deskbar running:
+MTRR:
bitmap mode: fps60/cpu 44
direct mode: fps 60/cpu 5

-MTRR
bitmap mode: fps 59.5/cpu 100
direct mode: fps 60/ cpu 5

So looks like direct mode is optimized with 64bit writes internally so
MTRR has no speed influence, while in bitmap mode this is not the case
so you see MTRR working.

Looking good, although the cursor flickers in bitmap mode (probably
because of CPU 100% load). It's interesting to see that in direct mode
the cursor displays without flickering. If the app_server indeed draws
the cursor by software instead of using the hardware driver hooks, then
I must compliment you!

Thanks. Love it 8-)

Rudolf.