[openbeos] Re: Booting problems...

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 00:23:35 +0100 CET

Hi Rudolf,

"Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Image tested and working OK as long as MTRR support is removed.
> Confirming idle-loop halt instruction operational over here: CPU's
> stay
> cool 8-)

I can reproduce the problem with my SMP machine as well, and I have it
running here again. I'll commit my changes tomorrow, then MTRR should
work again for you, too.
Turns out changing MTRRs easily confuses the other CPU for some reason,
so I just needed to move some stuff around to make it work.

> Apart from the usual trouble here (drawing faults in certain
> reproducable areas, fonts being to large and such) there's one new
> bug
> that wasn't there before: the color palette doesn't get loaded for 8-
> bit colorspaces apparantly (black/white sort of image here).

Hm... the icons and BAlert icons should all be 8 bit images. Do you
have a screenshot of it? I never heard of such a problem before.

> Looking good: KB and mouse seem trouble free for the first time, and
> stability is getting better and better! (happy camper :)

Thanks to Marcus, my system is boring and just works :-)

Bye,
   Axel.