[openbeos] Re: BeIDE Projects?!

  • From: "Cedric Degea" <cdegea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:38:08 +0100

>> AFA BeIDE projects, well, I don't care if people want to include
them,

>Just my two cents... i don't usually feel in agreement with Nathan's
rants
>but i
>think he's quite right in this one. Be it make or jam or any other such
tool
>of
>the same fashion, anything but binary project files like the BeIDE
ones.
>They do not scale beyond one developer; as anyone that has worked
>on big projects that uses "project files" has already found out.

Ditto (to a smaller extent, but it was still a huge experience
for a then hack-fu-in-training dev wannabe like me) at NGE: ChrisH
allowed BeIDE files in the repository at the beginning under
pressure from a couple nuts (me especially), but after a
couple weeks IIRC they were banned because they were such
a PITa to deal with.  No-one who opens his mind :-) and
tries jam will ever want to go back to BeIDE builds anyway.

--
http://cdegea.free.fr/ | BeDev E-16870
"One thing to rule them all" -- UserFriendly.org, 20011021