[openbeos] Re: BeIDE Projects?!

  • From: "Mikael J." <tic_khr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:42:43 +0100

>> Have you ever seen makefiles based on XML?
>
>XML is just the latest fad. You can always
>tell who the new ones are because they pick the latest
>thing, 'GNU', 'LINUX','VRML', 'opensource', 'XML', etc.... and call
it's
>name like it's the new love of thier life.
>'XML!, XML!, I Love You XML!!!'.[kiss kiss slurp slurp.....]

XML actually has its uses, especially together with XSLT for portable
documents, as well as (IMO) storing settings, for later retrieval
through telnet sessions.

Also, you could probably build something that worked w/ XML, but I don't
really see the use for it as XML is just a data container.

--
Mikael J @ http://hem.spray.se/tic_khr