[haiku-web] Re: updated developer's permissions

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:17:29 -0500

I suggest we come up with a reasonable set of default permissions for
developers. The current apparently misnamed Dev role is probably too
powerful. I don't think it is necessarily an issue of trust, but more
of removing any chance for accidental damage. I know I tend to be very
careful with the roles I have on the web-site, and if some of the
other developers are not aware of their "power" they could
accidentally mess up something.

As for the whole "asking permission or asking forgiveness" situation
here, I don't think we want to mire ourselves with constant votes and
consensus for every little web-site change, but I will probably lean a
little toward Jorge on this particular issue of permissions. But I
don't think Matt can be faulted for assuming a role called "Dev" was
appropriate for all developers. I certainly assumed it was as well.

So let's not yet again blow something out of proportion. Let's adjust
the Dev role to something more appropriate (less powerful), and then
add additional admin or editor roles to whoever might want or need
them (I would like them at least.)

--
Regards,
Ryan