[haiku-web] Re: updated developer's permissions

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:44:52 -0800

Urias McCullough wrote:
I think some of the "almighty" bits should be separated into
individual roles that are more specific to their purpose (yes, I've
suggested this before, and I haven't done anything about it still).

Since "Editor" seems to be stripped from a lot of the content
management settings, perhaps we need to introduce the concept of
"Author" and "Editor" separately? In many systems, Authors are allowed
to create and maintain their own content, while editors can also
manage other people's content.

Or, perhaps we should provide a "Content Admin" role which allows
fully managing all content on the site...

Besides, that, what other features does "Dev" provide? I haven't
looked carefully. There seems to be some random stuff like editing
their map location or something - shouldn't that be available for any
authenticated user?

It is not possible to have an intelligent discussion as to what needs to be done unless the purpose of these changes is known. Since Matt made the changes without saying what he was trying to achieve, I reserve my comments until he speaks up.

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki