[haiku-web] Re: Team Roadmap for June

  • From: Mikael Jansson <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:30:10 +0200

Urias McCullough wrote:

[snip]
Is that what you are looking to do with @haiku-os.org ?
n.reedijk[at]haiku-os.org forwarded to niels.reedijk[at]gmail.com ? Sounds
like a good community move...

But perhaps i misunderstood something...

GMail for Domains hosts an entire domain's email, there's no
forwarding involved. It works almost just like any other mail
provider. There is really no real reason that mail providers must be
the same as website hosting providers.

I agree fully; I recently switched over my e-mail (this and my personal) to Google Apps, and I couldn't be happier. Full-text searches over IMAP are blazingly fast, and on the occasions I don't have my e-mail client handy, I can always use the web interface which beats all other I've used.

--
Mikael Jansson
http://mikael.jansson.be