[haiku-web] Re: Introducion & Split up the Website

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:55:55 -0700

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Weber wrote:
> I know of that problem, i saw the list of installed modules on
> haiku-os.org. There much more installed i thought. I think we can
> strip-down this a bit, with the update. Because many things are
> built-in now and some things you can do a "native" way without
> modules. While this weekend, I try to get an overview which modules we
> should still use and which parts i can implement an other way.

Phasing out the Category module (it is used for pages, news posts &
documents) would be a good start IMO. In D6, the core Book module can be
used with any content type, so that would be a good candidate to replace it.

Anyway, I know the website installation quite well, so if you have any
questions, feel free to ask.

> That would be cool (I like the look of the Haiku Guide site). I have a
> look at the acquia_marina theme today.
> I don't prefer to create a new one from scratch, but last time i setup
> a Drupal (haiku-gazette.de) i began customizing a theme, but after a
> while, there were nothing left from the old base theme :)

Yes, that can happen, but not with this particular theme, as all the
overrides are in separate files. This  actually allows you to easily
keep the base theme up to date, while keeping your customizations intact.

Humdinger and I also did some CSS tweaking here and there (like the key
tops, the warning/caution/info boxes, etc.) which I think have made the
theme very pleasant overall. You can check out some of the stuff here:

http://guide.haikuzone.net/node/37

Cheers,

Jorge