[haiku-i18n] Localization of files and folders

  • From: Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 20:19:52 +0100

In order to make Haiku user friendly, files and folders needs to be
localized. Especially in countries where knowledge of English is low,
user will not understand application names and system paths.

I also believe that paths needs to be readable for the common user.
What do lib mean? How do we translate that? lib should be Library, which
translates to Bibliotek in my language (Swedish).

This is implemented for the Desktop and Trash, that is localized and
shows as Skrivbord and Papperskorg. I also prefer when it is
first-capital; Library, Trash etc.

What are your thoughts about it?

Regards

Patrik