[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-commits] Re: r36420 - in haiku/trunk: build/jam headers/os/drivers src/add-ons/kernel/bus_managers/acpi src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power/acpi_embedded_controller ...

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:14:04 +0200

On 2010-04-23 at 10:55:14 [+0200], Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2010-04-23 at 10:27:24 [+0200], Fredrik Holmqvist
> <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 2010/4/22, fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > > Author: tqh
> > >  Log:
> > >  Moving ACPI Embedded Controller to ACPI bus manager.
> > >  Should work as before, but is now initialized right after the bus
> > >  manager. Can probably remove further code duplication.
> > >  I hope I've done it correctly, feedback is most welcome.
> >
> > I'd like to flip the switch on ACPI, to get some indication if there
> > are problems before R1A2.
> >
> > Anyone that's opposed to this please reply
>
> Wasn't this already decided? Please do so. When the people working on this
> like yourself think the time is ripe to collect more feedback, then I think
> the alpha is the perfect situation for more testing exposure. That being
> said, I have turned ACPI on on all my machines and have at least no problem
> with booting Haiku.

I actually find it quite late already. I would have preferred a few more
weeks (or months) of exposure, particularly because I recall several ACPI
related tickets (without it being enabled by default). Well, I guess we can
turn it on now, and decide in the next two weeks whether to leave it enabled
in the release or best to disable it again.

> Oh I just remembered... what about some machines that stop controlling the
> fan speed when ACPI is enabled? Is this a myth or is this a real problem?

Interesting question.

CU, Ingo