[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-commits] Re: r36420 - in haiku/trunk: build/jam headers/os/drivers src/add-ons/kernel/bus_managers/acpi src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power/acpi_embedded_controller ...

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:17:58 +0000

Rene Gollent wrote on Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:02:35 -0400
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > OK, here is the scoop. With ACPI enabled and APM disabled, the fan seems to
> > be working fine and system power down works. If I enable APM, though, the
> > fan runs at very high-revolution 100% of the time, regardless of whether
> > ACPI is on or not.
>
> That's slightly less disconcerting at least, the original problem we
> were worried about was the fans not running at all, though fans
> running at 100% is certainly a nuisance.

Since there are two fans (cpu and ps), I checked visually just to make sure
that the cpu fan is working, and indeed it is. Moreover, if I raise the cpu
load by playing a few videos videos, then I can also tell that the fan speed
increases with the higher cpu load.

IOW, it look like ACPI is working fine here.

FWIW,

Jorge / aka Koki