[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-commits] Re: r36420 - in haiku/trunk: build/jam headers/os/drivers src/add-ons/kernel/bus_managers/acpi src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power/acpi_embedded_controller ...

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:38:06 +0200

Lets try to do this then. I plan on sending a notice to haiku and
haiku-development mailing-list about the possibility that temperature
control problems. (Since haiku-files.org don't provide nightly images
atm I think we don't need a notice there. And also seems like nice
timing.)

Suggested notice:
"Notice: As of rev ### ACPI has been enabled by default. While there
has been no reports of fan or temperature problems that we know of,
there are rumours that this might happen.

We advice everyone to check that fans and temperature works as normal
just to be safe.

Have fun and enjoy Haiku."

Is this a good plan of action?

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH