[haiku-development] Re: building under Cygwin (windows)

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 18:49:56 +0200

On 2007-06-03 at 17:42:43 [+0200], Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 6/3/07, Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 3.4.4 seems a little old. Didn't cygwin usually use pretty much bleeding
> > edge
> > versions?
>
> Unfortunately, no - that's where cygwin is stuck at the moment. I can
> optionally use the 3.4.3 package as well. I read somewhere that gcc
> 4.x is not compatible with mingw/cygwin - and apparently nobody has
> been in a hurry to fix this. I don't know the details.
>
> Is this going to be an issue? The code seems to have built without
> errors - I had assumed this was only a linking issue. Do you think
> maybe gcc 3.4.4 has generated bad objects that won't link?

No, I wasn't really thinking anything in particular. I was just wondering,
why the gcc version was that old. I wouldn't expect any serious compilation
problems, but I also wouldn't rule out that newer gcc/binutils versions
wouldn't have that problem or at least print a helpful error message.

CU, Ingo