[haiku-development] Re: building under Cygwin (windows)

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 08:42:43 -0700

On 6/3/07, Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
3.4.4 seems a little old. Didn't cygwin usually use pretty much bleeding edge
versions?

Unfortunately, no - that's where cygwin is stuck at the moment. I can
optionally use the 3.4.3 package as well. I read somewhere that gcc
4.x is not compatible with mingw/cygwin - and apparently nobody has
been in a hurry to fix this. I don't know the details.

Is this going to be an issue? The code seems to have built without
errors - I had assumed this was only a linking issue. Do you think
maybe gcc 3.4.4 has generated bad objects that won't link?

- Urias