[haiku-development] Re: building under Cygwin (windows)

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:47:15 -0700

On 5/30/07, Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2007-05-30 at 19:53:47 [+0200], Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> IIRC, this caused it ultimately fail on the build of makebootable
> where it was unable to add the resources.

Adding resources won't work out of the box anyway, since the only object
formats our code supports are PEF and ELF. But since makebootable is also
able to read the boot code from an attribute, you could enable the same jam
code conditionally used for Mac OS X.

Good to know - but it wasn't just rc that was broken either - settype
and others IIRC were basically noop binaries when executed after being
built.

I was thinking it maybe had something to do with the linking process
having been busted even though it succeeded.